Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) is a haven of foods. Because this place is gathered multiple cultures across all the country so this is the easiest place for you to explore Vietnamese food. If you have read our Ho Chi Minh travel guide you can find the best places to go in Saigon
Have you ever sought for a western restaurant in Saigon to enjoy yourself after a tiring working week? There are plenty of well-known fancy western diners. Here are the top 10 restaurants with not only luxurious spaces but also absolutely delicious dishes.
Let’s get started!
Top 10 Western Restaurants in Saigon
1. L’ORI French Restaurant – Western Restaurant & Wine Bar In Saigon
L’Ori restaurant serves traditional meals of Central Vietnam for lunch while in the evening, it offers French dishes and wine. Inside the restaurant are a nostalgic space and a garden in colonial style. Located in a dead-end alley in District 3, close to the city centre, the French villa and its small garden are under meticulous care of the owner. The simple wood colour in harmony with greenery brings you peace and comfort whenever you are here. You can choose either a garden table under the trees’ shadow or a private air-conditioned room.
The restaurant’s menu is not sophisticated but familiar with Vietnamese people with dishes such as soups, grilled dishes, salads, noodles, etc. You can also request fusion-style dishes for a party of your choice. L’ORI restaurant’s special feature is the wine list with more than 80 different brands, carefully selected from Cai Thung Go wine shop. These can be said to be the best-quality wines with the best prices available in Vietnam.
- Address: Alley 48 Vo Van Tan, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hour: 10am – 22pm
- Phone number: 028 3933 3840
2. LeResto French Restaurant – Budget Restaurant in Ho Chi Minh
This restaurant is nicely decorated by taking advantage of delicate wine barrels. It offers an extensive menu and all dishes are adjusted to suit Vietnamese taste. The sauce goes so well with tender beef, the seasoning is on point. The lamb with wine sauce, which is absolutely delicious, is recommended. Avocado salad is also pretty good. The downside is there’s no staff available upstairs. Although this will create a comfortable private space for customers, it can be inconvenient when they need support.
- Address: 30 Cao Thắng, District 3, TP. HCM
- Opening hours: 10am – 9pm
- Price: 45.000 – 150.000 VND
3. Journeys Sandwich Bistro – Excellent Western Restaurant In Saigon
Journeys Sandwich Bistro, a budget restaurant in Ho Chi Minh, is located on the first floor, easy to recognize with a bright signboard. It offers an extensive main menu and yummy cakes as dessert. Its best-seller is the tasty Pull Pork Grilled Cheese. All the food comes in a big portion, therefore, two of us ordered 2 dishes but ended up finishing only half of them. We were served by a lovely enthusiastic staff, who advised us on the menu, recommended us a suitable cocktail as well as introducing us to cakes and free side dishes. The restaurant is upstairs in a spacious area. You can choose either an inside table with an air conditioner or an outside one with a view down the street. A tip for you is to accompany you here a person with a hearty appetite.
- Address: Floor 1, 34 – 36 Phan Bội Châu, District 1, TP. HCM
- Opening hours: 9am – 10pm
- Price: 50,000 – 500,000 VND
4. Spanish Restaurant Olé – Spanish Restaurant In Saigon
The owner of this restaurant is an extremely friendly Spanish couple. Chorizo (Spanish sausage) and Gambas al ajillo (shrimp with garlic and olive oil) are truly delicious, and also go well with bread. One another excellent dish of this place is stew beef tail with mashed potatoes. The restaurant has no special decoration, it’s the food that brings about the real taste of Spain.
This is a budget restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City. The Spanish fried rice, which they said is for two, comes in a huge portion so you should only order this for a bigger group. Address: 129B Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, TP. HCM
- Opening hours: 11am – 11pm
- Price: 100,000 – 200,000 VND
5. Trois Gourmands Restaurant – Western Restaurant In Saigon
Trois Gourmands is a French restaurant with an extensive menu and excellent food. The sweet, fragrant and rich lobster in its tasty sauce is the signature of this restaurant. Mushroom and pepper sauce, which can be combined, go well with beef fillet mignon. Adding whole wheat bread and unsalted butter can fulfil your stomach. And for dessert, you will immediately fall in love with Macaron from the very first bite.
You should make a reservation in advance for a nice and private table as the restaurant is full for most of the time. One downside of this place is its dim lighting, which makes delicious food less attractive in photos. However, all the staff is helpful and enthusiastic. You can totally relax and enjoy yourself in such a pleasant atmosphere.
- Address: 39 Trần Ngọc Diện, P. Thảo Điền, District 2, TP. HCM
- Opening hours: 12h – 15h | 18h – 23h
- Price: 500,000 – 1,000,000 VND
6. Inter Nos – Italian & Grill Restaurant – Italian Restaurant In Saigon
Inter Nos possesses a cozy, intimate, and gracious atmosphere, suitable for dating, friends’ meetings, or family gatherings on the weekend. The place is romantically decorated with flowers, lights and candles, etc. All the dishes are meticulously prepared by Italian professional chefs. You will definitely have an enjoyable evening in this restaurant.
The menu is extensive with the signature of tender and well-seasoned BBQ rib. One major plus point of Inter Nos is its large children’s play area, where the kids can draw and read in their own secure space.
- Address: 230 Nguyen Van Huong, Thao Dien, District 2, Ho Chi Minh
- Opening hours: 18:00 – 21:30
- Phone number: 028 3519 0086
- Price: 50,000 VND – 2,000,000 VND
If you looking for the Italia flavor, this is one of the best Italia restaurants in Saigon for your choice.
7. Moo Beef Steak Prime – Special Western Restaurant In Saigon
Moo Beef Steak Prime is a restaurant specializing in beef. Tender beef is served with a wide choice of buffet sauce. Apart from beef, there are other delicious side dishes such as steamed mussel, fish fillets, stir-fried mushrooms. All the food is outstandingly tasty, so are the drinks and desserts. The restaurant also offers thoughtful and professional services, which are highly appreciated by their customers.
- Address: 35 – 37 Ngô Đức Kế, P. Bến Nghé, District 1, TP. HCM
- Opening hours: 10h30 – 14h | 17h30 – 22h
- Price: 100,000 – 1,550,000 VND
The price has included an additional 10% vat and 5% service charge. If you are a big fan of beef, this is probably an ideal choice.
8. Social Club Lounge & Restaurant – Luxury Western Restaurant in Saigon
Social Club Lounge & Restaurant is located on the 24th floor of Hotel Des Arts Saigon. If you’re a fan of Hary Potter, you would absolutely fall in love with its space and decoration from the very first sight. This restaurant is also quiet and tranquil, suitable for lovers’ date or work discussion. There are big glass windows in the dining area, from where you can observe the shimmering cityscape down below at night.
The price is high but what you get is totally worth it. The steak is fresh, tender and goes well with an excellent sauce. Though the salad does not come in big portion, every bite of it is a burst. Price of wine is affordable. Drinking in small glasses is recommended as you can taste many different types of wine. The staff will bring the wine bottles so you can check the brand and taste it first, whole glass of wine is only served once you’ve approved. The restaurant’s service is absolutely professional. There is a live violin performance every night at around 8.pm, which create a romantic atmosphere, especially for couples.
- Address: 24th floor of Hotel Des Arts Saigon, 76 – 78 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, District 3, TP. HCM
- Opening hours: 1h – 2h | 17h30 – 23h59
- Price: 100,000 – 500,000 VND
9. The LOG Restaurant – Luxury Western Restaurant In Saigon
The LOG Restaurant is cozy and luxurious at the same time, suitable for those who prefer privacy and tranquillity. The food here is quite good with fresh seafood. It also serves big lobsters, which are well boiled before being grilled and as a result not so rich in flavour. However, grilled cheese lobster is absolutely on point. Desserts are also must-try, especially the impeccable swan-shaped choux and fresh ice-cream.
- Address: Rooftop, GEM Center, 8 Nguyen Binh Khiem, District 1, TP. HCM
- Opening hours: 18h – 23h30
- Price: 200,000 – 1,500,000 VND
10. NAMO Tuscan Grill – Professional Western Restaurant In Saigon
NAMO Tuscan Grill is graciously and warmly decorated with comfortable seats and a beautiful view down a busy street. The recommended dishes include wagyu steak, lamb chop, crab spaghetti, raw oysters, Alaska lobster salad, and tiramisu, … Wagyu steak is a must-try. All the staff is professional, agile.
- Address: 146 – 148 Pasteur, P. Ben Nghe, District 1, TP. HCM
- Opening hours: 11am – 11pm | 11h – 22h30
- Price: 100,000 – 500,000 VND
Above is a collection of Top 10 budget restaurants in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh city. We hope you are able to pick out your favorite place from this Ho Chi Minh travel guide and make the best out of your time.